Master, Carest thou not that we perish?

While speaking with a classmate the other day about the crazy nature of life and how we often feel lost or out of control, we remembered the story found in the gospel of Mark 4:35-41.

Peace-Be-Still.jpgThe disciples were on a ship with the Savior, crossing the sea of Galilee when a great tempest arose. In the account, is says that "the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full." The disciples, apparently fearing and frantic woke the Savior and asked, "Master! Carest thou not that we perish?"

My classmate and I realized that we too are just like the fearing disciples. At times, I feel as though life is throwing me about and I have little knowledge or control as to where I am going. In fear, I kneel in prayer and plead, "Master, carest thou not that I perish?". 


Upon being awaken, the Savior rebuked the wind and calmed the sea and turned to his disciples to ask them where their faith had been. " Why are ye so fearful? Where is your faith?"

Why am I so fearful? Where is my faith? Do I really think that my boat will sink while the Savior of the World is on it? Am I capable of being calm and confident while being in the middle of a thrashing storm? I have come to believe that true trust in God and fear cannot coexist. True Faith in the Christ rejects all fear because we believe and know that He will deliver us.

So next time you are feeling anxious, worried, or afraid, pause to consider, Why are ye so fearful? Where is your faith? What can you do to develop a deeper trust in the one who has promised to deliver you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Land of Promise

The Main Character in Your Life Story

Rejoice With Me, For I Have Found My Sheep Which Was Lost